Monday, August 28, 2006

weekend at poker

This will be short-- I'm tired-- but I've had some good success lately.

Last night I got home from the bar and fired up some NL cash games on Party Poker. before long I found an insanely fishy player who was doing things like raising to $77 preflop (at $3/$6 no-limit). I followed him around 4 tables and made around $5500 in four hours.

Tonight I had my big score in the Stars $215 rebuy. We chopped it three ways and I took $20k.

I think I'm actually going to take a couple of days off now that I've gotten a nice win under my belt. I've got a few other things I want to do-- writing and planning both my finances and my future-- and I feel like a win takes the pressure to make money off me for a while.

6 Comments:

Blogger Blogger said...

Sir Tony,

Excellent job.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, a win takes pressure off, then you get really lazy and before you know it you're not using the legs you don't have....

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam Junglen sounds like a negative prick. And what kind of compulsive loser is posting comments at 6:16 am?
Congratulations, Nath.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Vernon Freedom said...

He's just kidding. Also, he's missing a leg.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops. Sorry about that, Adam. I get defensive about my brother since they rebuilt him and everything.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work, Nath. Sorry I just figured out that you were Nathashish of extempore posting fame. It was good meeting and hanging with you at the Bellagio. By the way, I made a final table in a tournament the next day. Thanks for reminding me that aggression is a poker player's friend,

Nic's grad school buddy Andy.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home