Thursday, July 13, 2006

recap of today: or, I suck at poker, and by extension, life

played 5/10 at the Rio all day. I'm keeping this brief because I don't want to relive it and because it's already really late.
I played well in some spots. I played like dog shit in others. I made several really bad calls when I knew better and cost myself several thousand dollars. I also donked around and tilted off a bit more than that. I'm probably down $2500 on the day.

What really pisses me off is that the hands where I was beaten in a big pot, I analyzed the situation correctly, constructed the hand properly, figured out I was probably beaten, and CALLED ANYWAY.

That fucking sucked. I blew off money with lots of second best hands... top two vs. flush, trips vs. full house, straight vs. boat or some such (that one I folded).

The one hand I DID fold I had QT on a QT3 all-club board. UTG bet 50, I made it 125 (yeah not great I know), loose button cold called, SB moved in for about 650 total. Folded, I folded, button folded. SB shows Q3.

I told myself I would leave at 2 AM so I could rest for the 2500 shorthanded. Instead I played until 4:30 and probably lost at least $3000 in that time.

I have no discipline and no focus. I'm pretty depressed and down about my game right now. So naturally I'm in a $2500 tournament which I will probably sleep about four hours beforehand.

Oh, and for some reason Harrah's has me in their system as "Nathanial Pizzolatto". I've tried to fix this repeatedly but had limited success. I'm going to be pissed off if I do well and the wires report that shit-shingle of a fake name as the real thing.

When I took a break to go get a hamburger, the burgers weren't ready. When I took a break to go to the bathroom, it was closed for cleaning. Even the kitchens and restrooms are coolering me today.

When you lose this game is the loneliest in the world.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a rough day....good luck in the tourney!

you know you play a LAGgy game- so you're going to expect big swings....but you're a great player- so just keep the faith in your game!

control the tilt!

tedtodd

8:58 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

You're not playing badly today! HELL YEAH!!!!! Keep it up. I prayed real hard last night, and Jesus told me you were going to win.

11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home